Saturday, September 22, 2007

Finally Eating!!

Yay, finally caught one of the peppermints feeding on a thin slice of raw squash (un-blanched).

Here are some piccies I took tonight of Tanks 1 & 2:

This is Tank 1:


This is a couple of close ups of my Kenyi:



This is my regular bristlenose. He is about 4 years old:


Here is the regular bristlenose feeding on a slice of squash:


This is the entire Tank 1 community:


And here are a couple of photos of the peppermints in Tank 2. They are still very shy, so its been hard to get some decent shots of them before they sprint into hiding:



The water in the Peppermint tank is starting to go yellowish/brown quite significantly now because of the tannin being released by the driftwood - which I have been told is generally good for the tank. In any case, I'll be making the weekly quarter water change tomorrow morning just to lighten it up a bit.

No comments: